Plastic Stamping Services – Major-IPC Plastic Stamping
Plastic stamping is a process of high importance in various industries as it helps in the shaping of plastics as well as other non-metallic materials as per the customers requirement. Although sounding simple, this process does require attention to detail, use of tested techniques, and state-of-the-art machineries to be executed successfully. Before we delve into the industrial applications of this comprehensive process, let us have a look at its basics in brief.
We offer a wide variety of die-cut products:
- Perforated components
- Custom die cut products
Material Options for Custom Die Cutting Services Our material options list consists of a range of materials that can meet nearly every component and application requirement. Our material offerings include:
- Cellular fibers
- Electrical insulation materials
- Pressure sensitive adhesives
Die Cutting Alternatives Besides our standard die cutting services (rotary and paper), we provide assorted die cutting services to ensure they meet every component requirement. We suggest the optimum cutting service depending on the volume and lead time of the requirement.
- Steel Rule Die Cutting:One of the most common forms of die cutting, steel rule die cutting involves forming and bending a steel rule die for cutting and stamping processes. The die is formed to product dimensions as specified by the customer. Steel rule die cutting is an optimum option for quick, clean die cutting processes with short lead times. At Major-IPC, we utilize CNC operated flatbed equipment to punch out components of various shapes.
- Kiss Cutting:We offer this cutting service to meet specific gasket, seal, and spacer manufacturing requirements. Kiss cutting involves partially cutting adhesive backed gasket materials down to the liner. High pressure cutting allows us to cut any material while maintaining a ‘peel and stick’ application.
We have the capacity to handle any size order ranging from 100 to 100,000 pieces. By using our state-of-the-art CNC equipment, we can quickly produce samples or small production orders. General Specification Range Within our custom die-cutting capabilities, we can provide products or components in the following range of specifications:
- Width: up to 35″
- Tolerance: .005″
- Length: up to 63″
- Press Capacity: 50 to 100 tons
Major-IPC provides comprehensive custom die cutting services for varied industrial equipment and applications. We are trusted by clients for our material quality, design and manufacturing excellence, and quick lead times.
Mechanism Involved in Plastic Stamping The basic mechanism involved in plastic stamping is use of either conventional or high-end, fast punch press along with a set of stamping dies in order to punch the extruded plastic sheet (strips of the sheet) in a desired form. The punching press can come in different tonnages. You can pick the press and set of dies as per the specifications of your requirement. The same mechanism is also applicable for the punching and shaping of other non-metallic substances. Features and Advantages of Plastic Stamping While we know that this process is used for the punching of plastics and other non-metallic components, one might wonder as to why should plastic stamping be chosen for industrial applications? Well, the answer lies in the following features and advantages exhibited by this process:
- This method is an easy and cost-effective way of getting shaped plastics that are needed in large volumes in various applications;
- With plastic stamping, you can get parts that are punched evenly to attain uniformity throughout the structure right down to the finished edges;
- Thanks to this process, shaping of plastic parts as well as non-metallic materials can be done with immense precision;
- No matter how intricate the desired shapes are, the punching presses are capable of attaining them with proficiency;
- The high speed nature of the punching presses makes it possible to stamp plastic materials within the given deadline.
Industries that Make Use of Stamped Components The aforementioned features and advantages make it possible to provide high speed stamping services for fabricating products like spacers, custom end laminations, insulators, washers, product tags, gaskets, etc. Such a wide array of applications of plastic stamping benefits many industries such as:
- Food and Beverage
Trust Major-IPC for Plastic Stamping Requirements Major-IPC is a leading provider of high-end services related to plastic stamping with immense attention to details. We aim towards serving our customers by providing zero defect products. Our stamping services involve customized solutions for a myriad of both simple as well as complex shapes. You can trust us for consistency and transparency at every level of the project. We are reachable via email at email@example.com or you can call us on 845-292-2200 , and we will assist you with further details.